Selling your house in time for Christmas can be a rewarding but challenging endeavour. To increase your chances of a quick sale, consider these tips from our expert estate agents at Bourne:
1. List Your Property Early: According to Homeowners Alliance, to have a chance of completing a property sale by December 25th, your home should ideally be on the market by the end of October. Starting the selling process early gives you a better chance of finding a buyer in time.
2. Enhance Kerb Appeal: The first impression matters. Improve your home’s exterior to attract potential buyers. Curb appeal can influence 68% of buyers, according to Homeowners Alliance. Simple measures like tidying the garden, repainting the front door, and cleaning the windows can make a big difference.
3. Price Your Home Right: Set a competitive and realistic price for your home. An overpriced property can deter potential buyers, while under-pricing may not maximise your property’s value. Consult with real estate experts and research sale prices of similar properties in your area to determine the right price.
4. Prepare for Viewings: Presentation is key. Make sure your home is clean, clutter-free, and well-lit. With shorter daylight hours in winter, proper lighting is crucial. Consider adding some cosy elements to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
5. Contact a Solicitor Early: Engage a conveyancing solicitor as early as possible to handle the legal paperwork swiftly. Seek recommendations from friends and family for reputable solicitors if you’re not already familiar with one.
6. Choose a Speedy Buyer: Look for buyers who are not part of a property chain and have their finances in order. Clearly communicate your desire to complete the sale before Christmas and urge all parties involved to expedite processes such as surveys and legal work.
Selling a house in a tight timeframe requires proactive planning and collaboration with professionals in the real estate industry. By following these tips and starting early, you can increase your chances of celebrating Christmas in your new home.
If you are looking to make your next move, contact our friendly team today to find out why now is a great time to start your property journey to get moved in time for Christmas.
Source – Adapted from Good Homes Magazine